Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Holey Jeans

The morning of my wedding - yes, I'm serious - I finished knitting Exposed by Lisa Mutch.   I was actually close to finishing it for several days, but kept a few rows to keep me busy during that downtime early in the morning when no one else is awake. I wasn't sure what to make of it when it came off of the needles. I withheld judgment and set it aside until I got home from Belize, when I finally had time to sew on the clasp (save me from sewing!) and block it out. Blocking is an amazing thing. I could finally see the shape of the sweater and was pleasantly surprised.  I tried on a few different tank tops until I found one with the right neck line and Viola! another piece for my wardrobe:


I had planned to knit another project over our two week honeymoon. That was wishful thinking. Aside from the fact that it was my honeymoon and I had many other much better things to do, the lace pattern was too intricate to do when there was anything remotely distracting going on.  So only minor progress was made on my Vermont Shawl, at pattern by Hanna Breetz that I'm knitting using DyeForYarn in the colorway Budding Too Early.


This shawl will take the backseat in May -- or MadMay to Madelinetosh fans.  The MadTosh board on Ravelry is sponsering sevaral KALs (knit-a-longs).  Several of the projects near the front of my queue were appropriate, so I have decided to do Current by Cecily Glowik MacDonald in Tosh Merino Light in the colorway Tern, and the very popular Color Affection shawl by Veera Välimäki  in Tosh 80/10/10 fingering in Briar, Trodden, and Fig.

1 comment: