Monday, May 14, 2012

WIPs and an Amazing FO

This week I only have works in progress.  As I mentioned previously, I set aside my Vermont Shawl after the honeymoon in favor of a couple of new projects for MadMay on Ravelry.  I did get through the second lace repeat before putting the shawl into hibernation.


I have two projects planned for MadMay. The first is a Current Cardigan in Tosh Merino Light, the tern colorway.  I have been plugging away for about two weeksand and am finished with the body and 99% of one sleeve. I'm really hoping to get this done by Wednesday so that I have two full weeks for my next overly ambitious project. 


I love this cardigan design. It's a nice fit and the basket weave/cabled edging is very nice. I am not quite so thrilled with how my yarn is knitting up. This is my error, not a fault of the yarn. Madtosh is highly varigated and it's smart to alternate skeins. I like to start with one skein, then bring in the second once there is some substance to my project. For some reason, I kept forgetting to alternate and decided to just knit straight with the second skein. Once I had my project in good light, I saw how much contrast there really was between the skeins and started alternating again. But the damage was already done. I have a nice light stripe right about bust level. I will wait until after it is blocked to see whether this is something I can live with or not. I am pondering overdying to get more consistent coloration.

The second project I have planned for MadMay is the very popular Color Affection Shawl in in MadTosh 80/10/10 Fingering in briar, trodden, and fig.  I've decided to call this project "trodding through the briars looking figs."


There was one amazing finished object this week. My knitting group, the Wandering NYC Knitters, joined forces to knit Glenn and me a gorgeous blanket as a wedding present. They used Madelinetosh Vingage in fig, charcoal, luster, and rosewood. Its so soft, and everyone at home (including the kitties) just loves it.


In addition to the blanket, Kei and Trish baked a scrumptious cake with lemon curd filling.  It was both beautiful and unbelievably yummy and I ate waaaay too much.



Thanks so much to my friends for giving so much of themselves in making such a lovely presenet.

No comments:

Post a Comment