Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hat Weather

With all the excitement brought on by the bad weather (and increased load at work), I haven't had a chance to photograph my newest knit.  In anticapation of winter weather, I ordered some Madelinetosh Tosh Merino in Oxblood  from Happy Knits so that I could knit a 16 Cable Hat by Circ√© Belles Boucles to match the Topiary scarf (Michele Wang design) I did last winter.


And I finished just in time. After Sandy passed, a cold front came in and we got our first snow of the year.

Of course, the approach of a hurricane means lots of downtime inside, so it made sense to cast on a hurricane sweater (or, as the National Weather Service would have it, a category 1 post-tropical cyclone sweater).  I have made some progress on Mork, a design by Julia Farwell-Clay.  I am using Madelinetosh (what a surprsie) Tosh Merion in Violin.  I didn't get as far as I would have liked during the bad weather, and work has been very demanding since, but I have finally finished the back piece.

1 comment: