Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mix and ReMix

Two knitting project updates this week. I finished Cecily Glowik MacDonald's Brooklet cowl using Skein Top Drawer Sock (oh how lovely!) in Rusty Rock and Sandstone.  These two colors were paired for a Jared West shawl club, but I repurposed them for this cowl. I loved knitting the pattern. It was quick and satisfying. 






And I finally got a chance to bleach out my Alexandria Cardigan a/k/a Ancient Writings.  I had knit this in Madelinetosh Tosh DK in the Calligraphy color way.  It shifts in different lights. While indoors (and in my photographs) it is a beige/grey, in daylight it is pink/purple.  Definitely not for me.  My solution was to strip the color out, which was sad, since it defeated the purpose of knitting in a hand-dyed yarn.  I think, however, that the end result is more wearable.





1 comment:

  1. Both are lovely! Save the rusty rock remnants :-)

    ReplyDelete