Saturday, July 6, 2013

Scrap Room Remodel

When we first looked at this apartment, I was turned off by the wood-panel built-in bookcase in the front room.  Its redeeming feature was that it was unusually deep.  Deep enough to hold 12x12 scrapbook supplies.  My mind went to work on how to make this room a joint music room/scrap room. I put Glenn's Whisper Room in the corner and then put my old kitchen island up against that, creating a little nook for myself. With my storage towers on either side, all of my supplies were within reaching distance. Lovely. Except for the hideous wood paneling and yellow walls.



I think it was a combination of my scrapping more, which means spending more time in this space, and new homeowner's pride, that may me decide it was time to do something about it. I used the long 4th of July weekend for some serious spackling and painting.



Viola! a new room!





4 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic, Gretchen! I hope I get to see it in person some time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I hope we get to see it soon or at least in the next couple years!
    Love you guys!
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with painting over the wood paneling! & decorating around it!
    At least you didn't have an entire room of wood paneling like I have :0(

    ReplyDelete