Saturday, October 5, 2013

Dream Awake

Thoreau once wrote, "our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." I borrowed this quote to name my newest sweater, Alana Dakos's Gnarled Oak Cardigan, which I knit in Madelinetosh DK Merino in the Thoreau colorway.







I also finished another layout this week. This layout was done in response to a challenge in my Right Brain/Left Brain class at Big Picture Classes to use three different shapes, but with a purpose.  Circles and rectangles are easy to incorporate into a scrapbook layout, but it spent some time considering my third shape.  In the end, I built a layout with two photos from the farm. As I was working, I recalled that I had a chicken wire stamp that would work well as a background. The chicken wire, in turn, led to the use of hexagons.



An assortment of Basic Grey papers and alphabet stickers; Teresa Collins Now & Then stickers, alphas, and wash tape; Recollections washi tape; Jillibean Soup bakers twine; MME enamel dots; Art Impressions chicken wire stamp; misc. dot stamp; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (pumice stone, pealed paint).

No comments:

Post a Comment