Sunday, November 3, 2013

100


I finished my 100th knit project this week - Woodstove Season by Alicia Plummer, which I knit using Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran.  (I did skip the pockets in the front.)






The chevron pattern on the back is gorgeous. While knitting it I kept thinking of Joni Mitchell's The Urge for Going, which was doubly appropriate since it's about the weather getting colder. 

Now the warriors of winter they give a cold triumphant shout

And all that stays is dying, all that lives is getting out 
See the geese in chevron flight 
Flappin’ and a-racin’ on before the snow 
They got the urge for going and they’ve got the wings so they can go 
They get the urge for going when the meadow grass is turning brown 
And summertime is falling down and winter’s closing in


I named my project The Urge for Going on Ravelry. 


With all of that, I've still managed to scrap a bit, although this first layout was done before the retreat.  I had gotten in some new stencils by the Crafters' Workshop and some multi-medium and had to play.


Chic Tags and Basic Grey Hey You paper and embellishments; Tim Holtz Sizzix die; EK Success border punch; Sticko alphas;  Studio Calico wood veneers; Fiskars stamps; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (walnut stain, spiced marmalade); thickers; acrylic paint.


And the new layout:


The September and October Studio Calico Kits with a Heidi Swapp transparency, label sticker and Color Shine mist (mustard); washi tape; alphabet stickers.



1 comment: