Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sew much to do

I love texture. And I've really admired the look of machine sewing on layouts.  My stubbornness (I DO NOT SEW), unwillingness to learn how to use a sewing machine, and, until recently, lack of space for a sewing machine, have all gotten in the way of my trying this technique.  No longer.

Santa Clause brought me this:



After a frustrating hour, in which I think I invented some new curse words, I wound a bobbin and got everything threaded, and grabbed some card stock. My first attempt (and I imagine my attempts for quite some time) was a hot mess.  I ended up covering most of my initial sewing with layers of paint and paper:



Studio Calico and Cosmo Cricket papers; Mister Huey's mist (opaque white); acrylic paint; 
Tim Hotlz Sizzix die; Maya Road Metro stamps; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (chipped sapphire) 



Farmhouse and Crate (Close Knit) papers; acrylic paint; Technique Tuesday 
(Timber), Memory Box, and Impression Obsession stamps; Basic Grey alphas and 
Carte Postal stickers; brads; SU! brown markers



Chatterbox, Jenni Bowlin, and Basic Grey papers (really digging into the old stash); 
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphas; SEI gold dots; Dew Drops; Bo Bunny and  
misc. gold doilies; TCW and Kaisercraft stencils; Heidi Swapp Color Shine 
(gold lame); Tim Holtz Sizzix die; Lawn Fawn gold twine

1 comment:

  1. It will give you so many awesome options once you get used to it!!! I have been LOVING your artsy layouts lately!

    ReplyDelete