Tuesday, January 28, 2014

All Bundled Up


Scrapbook play. I started by using Get It Scrapped's Story Swoop to journal about a cold winter day (little did I know that it would be the first of so many).   I printed my journaling on vellum and layered that over a Studio Calico paper.  For the background, I painted white acrylic paint over another Studio Calico paper very thickly, then pressed bubble wrap into it for texture. I sprinkled Heidi Swapp Color Shine (gold lame and tinsel) across the page.  I crimped a strip of paper and spritzed the Color Shine over a Heidi Swapp bird mask.  I then took the same stencil and painted it onto the background using Tim Holtz Distress Paint (weathered wood).  I also stamped a snowflake (Stampin' Up!) across the background using the same paint.  I layered all of these pieces and added a title using Amy Tan's Cut Out alpha and embellished with Teresa Collins gem stones.




I ended up adding a hand written addendum at the bottom of the page, noting that this was the first of many days I bundled up on my way to work.  It's been a very cold winter, but unlike most, I kinda like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment