Friday, January 31, 2014

Getting Messy


This layout began with a photo from an amazing New Year's Eve party and a story developed on Get It Scrapped's Story Swoop.


To construct the page, I layered gold tissue paper over a 10x10 piece of cardstock, folding it into pleats, then sewing around the edge with black thread.

Next, I sprayed a piece of 12x12 cardstock with Heidi Swapp Color Shine (gold lame) and set aside to dry. While that was drying, painted Heidi Swapp Center of Attraction chipboard alphas with acrylic paint (magenta) and Decoart Craft Twinkle paints.  Then I went to bed.

The next morning I assembled the background pieces, adding a strip of white paper for my title, journaling, and photo.  I matted my photo on Studio Calico paper (As Seen on TV).  I used a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die to make several accordion flowers in bold colors and punched circles from the scraps.  I added some Glossy Accents to the flower centers for a bit more dimension, and finished off the layout by wrapping some Lawn Fawn twine through the embellishments.



I've been asked about the various misting techniques that I've been using on many of my layouts recently, so I've put together a video tutorial:




Materials used: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist; Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Georgia Peach); Studio Calico Mister Huey's Color Mist (Pretty Pink); Angora watercolors; Liquitex black acrylic paint; Recollections flower; Kaisercraft Template (stencil); Heidi Swapp mask.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video! You gave us lots of techniques in one video. Can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I learned so much Gretchen. I never thought of using them on white florals, that is sooo something I could do and I am ashamed to say that before this I did not know the difference between a stencil and a mask, lol. Now I just need to get me some spray stuff to try it all out.

    ReplyDelete