Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ours

Another day another layout. I redid a layout from last summer that I wasn't happy with. It's a very special moment (closing on our first home), but the only picture I had was small and dark and hard to scrap.  Here's my latest attempt:




For the design, I was influence by the article at Get It Scrapped about bracket foundations.  I also used some ideas found in the latest Masterful Scrapbook Design class on Photo Play.

And I did another process video:



Supplies: Crate (Close Knit, Flea Market DIY Shop) papers and embellishments; We R Memory Keepers gold vellum; Sizzix die; Creative Cafe pearls; Mister Huey's (opaque white, warm calico); Technique Tuesday (Big Timber) stamps; Staples date stamp; EK Success banner punch; hemp twine; acrylic paint.

While I was working, Glenn came in to compose:



And for comparison purposes, this is the layout I redid:


2 comments:

  1. Woot! More process videos to add to my list- thanks for sharing! Love how your washi is organized. I don't have as much, but somehow the cats keep making away with my rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed you are redoing layouts and have time for process videos. You go girl! I like that your bracket is based on a top corner instead of a bottom one - I might have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete