Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hey, Kids

Gotta love scrapbooking, and playing with paint.


I knew I wanted to make leaves for the background of this layout, to symbolize spring, so I grabbed a sheet of cardstock, some gesso, and some acrylic paint and just started playing.  Unfortunately, that section of video became the victim of technical difficulties. I basically mixed a small amount of acrylic paint with a lot of water to create a wash and layered it over the background. While it was still wet, I took a bottle cap I had laying on my desk and twisted it into the paint.  I then hit the paint with a heat gun to dry it quickly. Once it was dry, I went back over with another wash of yellow paint.

Supplies: Paper: Studio Calico (Weathered, Tim & Beck, Green Acres), BasicGrey (two exclusives for Studio Calico); Alphas: American Crafts Thickers (Stylist); Paint: Liquitex, Folkart; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (walnut stain); Spray Ink: Mister Huey's (warm calico); Enamel Dots: Doodlebug Sprinkles; Stickers: Hello Forever for Studio Calico; Other: Bo Bunny doily

Process video:


Detail shots:





1 comment: