Monday, July 14, 2014

Easter Chicks Mixed Media Layout

Every now and then I just want to play with paint. I've decided to do a mixed media series, separate from my usual scrapbook pages.  Most of my work will still be more traditional scrapbook layouts, but by doing a mixed media page on occasion I will be able to learn a few things that will enhance those pages. And for those who want to watch me learn, there are videos!

And, as a special treat, my videos will now include a bit of music, courtesy of my husband, Glenn White, who wrote me a theme song.  He's a jazz composer and musician in New York City. working on his third album and is doing a crowd funding campaign to raise money. If you can help, through a donation or spreading the word, please visit this site. Thanks!



Supplies: Paper: K & Co.; Ink: Ancient Page (flannel); Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (blush, georgia peach, white, gold); Paint: Liquitex: Alphas: Studio Calico; Enamel Dots: Twine & Co.; Stamps: Hero Arts (feathers, butterflies); Fiskars ("love this"), American Crafts (roller); Dies: Simon Says Stamp (leaves), Impression Obsession (feathers); Other: gesso, gel medium, modeling past

Process video:



Detail shots:




2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I look forward to looking at your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting! (and very cute chick!)

    ReplyDelete