Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pampered

I was really excited by last month's creative team assignments for Get It Scrapped.  One of my assignments was to channel Kim Watson.  Kim's work can be found on her blog - Kim Watson Papercrafts.  I love her style.  If I were to summarize Kim's work, I would say that: 1) Kim creates dynamic pages with lots of energy and movement; 2) she makes use of the whole page;  3) she uses multiple colors and patterns, 4) there's layers, starting with misting or stenciling on the background and built up through the papers and embellishments; and 5) yellow shows up time and time again. 

So, taking these elements into consideration, this is the page I created:


I snapped this picture one day when I was getting a pedicure because I loved the vibrant pink of the nail polish. The photo was taken in April, and I thought this was the perfect color to celebrate the end of winter. Pedicures are my treat to myself when I need to get away from reality for a bit and decompress.

Supplies: Papers, Alphas, Stickers, Chipboard: BasicGrey Highline; Paint: Liquitex; Spray Ink: Mister Huey's (Pretty Pink), Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Mustard); Enamel Dots: Doodlebug; Other: Royal Lace doily

Process video (link to YouTube here):

Detail shots:



No comments:

Post a Comment