Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Lounge Lemurs

Weird title.  It was the name of our team when we did a scavenger hunt at the Bronx Zoo in June.  I like the zoo. I like scavenger hunts. It seemed like the perfect summer-time adventure. And Glenn's a good sport on these things. Winners we were not, but we had a fun afternoon (and it turns out the zoo is really easy to get to from our apartment).

From a scrapbooking point of view, the challenge was how to get a large number of photos on one page.   Printing 3 4x3 landscape and 3 2x3 portrait photos, I was able to construct a grid that fit nicely within a 12x12 layout.  Since this covered most of the page, I did not get to do any of my usual painting or stenciling. Instead, I played with some wood veneer that had been gathering dust on my shelf of the last six months and papers and ephemera from the Fancy Pants Me-ology collection.


Supplies: Paper, Alphas, Stickers, Die Cuts: Fancy Pants (Me-ology); Wood Veneer: Studio Calico (bubbles), Two Peas in a Bucket (camera); Puffy Stickers: Twine & Ink; Enamel Dots and Washi: Doodlebug: Twine: Recollections: Paint: Liquitex: Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (pumice stone), Ancient Page (flannel grey); Stamps: Technique Tuesday (journaling block), Fiskars ("notes")

Process video:

Detail shots:






4 comments:

  1. Great LO and love all of the photos you got on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful page! I love what you did with the circle die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the different colors and patterns you used in the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circles and the patterns...and especially that bird! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete