Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Around and Around

I will admit, I struggled with this triangle paper that came in a recent Studio Calico kit. I have seen some great layouts using a triangle motif in various galleries, and built on some of those ideas here. I don't think I would have been able to use this paper at all until I took this picture of my friend's daughter. The picture really inspired the layout.
 

Supplies: Paper: Bella Boulevard (Lucky Starz), Studio Calico (Beach Towel); Alphas and Enamel Dots: Studio Calico; Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp (teal, citron); Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (black soot, mowed lawn); Stamp: Heidi Swapp; Ribbon: Mrs. Grossman's; Washi: MME Decorative Tape

Process video:



Detail shots:




3 comments:

  1. The triangles look great to me. You've used the other elements to play off of them wonderfully - especially the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I love the watercolors and the triangles of triangles, and especially the wonky top and bottom border. Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same as you and struggle with triangles but really wanted to try it, so actually made a layout with some last night!! Your layout looks AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete