Saturday, September 13, 2014

Art Journal Saturday - The Development of an Idea


Supplies: Paint: Liquitex, Studio Calico; Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (gold, chartreuse, citron); Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop (Jenni Bowlin); Pen: Faber Castell/Pitt Artist; Stamp: Inkadinkado; Ink: Memento (tuxedo black); Quote: Robert Lewis Stevenson's "Our Lady of the Snows"

While waiting in an airport, I picked up a moleskin journal and some pencils and started sketching ideas for scrapbook layouts.  As I was messing around, I realized that my ability to doodle had stagnated sometime in my adulthood. I looked around on the internet and found a book called One Zentangle a Day by Beckah Krahula.  I have been working through it and I've found that it has stimulated my creativity.


In addition to the tangles in the book, I have began experimenting with flower motifs.




Then I took a trip to the shore and discovered the wonderful patterns of Queen Ann's Lace.



All of this together, resulted in this page:







3 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you are doing! should be framed as Fine Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your Mom Gretchen! These flowers are fabulously whimsical and fun! And isn't Zentangling a trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! All your hard work definitely paid off.

    ReplyDelete