Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jazz at the Shabazz

Get It Scrapped's blog is featuring an article "Scrapbooking Ideas Inspired by Corrie Jone's Layouts."  I will admit it, I'm a big fangirl.  I love her playful artistic layouts.  When I looked through her layouts, it really struck me that she rarely used pattern paper, and when she did, it was often as an embellishment. She often layers lots of embellishments over a gesso background.

Here's my take on Corrie Jone's style:


Supplies: Paper: BasicGrey (Capture), Studio Calico; Alphas, Wood Veneer, Stickers: Studio Calico; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (pumice stone); Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (tinsel, gold); Stencil:The Crafter's Workshop (Ronda Palazarri); Flair: FindingNana; Punch: EK Success (banner)

Process video:



Detail shots:



1 comment: