Saturday, October 4, 2014

Art Journal Saturday

First and foremost - a special thanks to all my YouTube subscribers!  When I filmed my 55th video on on July 30 when I had 555 subscribers. Today, October 4, I have 715!  

Commenters on StampingRooster055 were entered to win a drawing for a stamp set. The Random Number Generator chose number 21 - Congratulations Kelly Barron!  Kelly, please contact me using the contact form in the right hand column.  

I really enjoyed reading everyone comments.  Thanks so much!

And now, for this week's art journal page:


I started making process videos for my scrapbook pages, in part, because it is difficult for me to explain my process in a post. That quadruples for art journal pages, which I can't even begin to think about filming, since the work is done in bits and pieces.

This layout started with a 6 by 12 piece of watercolor paper, which I layered with acrylic paint and stenciled designs.  I set that aside and sketched a profile in my journal.  It wasn't planning on it being a self portrait, but my husband asked if it was me and I thought, why not, and gave her red hair and blue eyes.  I wanted to do the sketch on the flat, empty page, but this presented a problem, as I found it hard to build up a layered background behind the image.  In the future, I believe it would be easiest to do any drawings separately, then cut them out to add to the art journal.



Supplies include Liquitex and Studio Calico acrylic paints, Heidi Swapp, The Crafter's Workshop, and Dina Wakely stencils, Wink of Stella (black), and Faber Castle Pitt Artist pen.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful page. I am enjoying your work, thank you for sharing. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous art journal pages! And I know what you mean about the time that goes into producing process videos, Gretchen! They are quite the labor of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I can only imagine the amount of work that went into this. :)

    ReplyDelete