Saturday, November 22, 2014

Art Journal Saturday


I sat down to work on my art journal without any particular vision. I just wanted the  joy of playing with color and texture.

I started by adding texture with The Crafter's Workshop/Jenni Bowlin North Star stencil, then layered color with some old Folk Art acrylic paint that I wanted to use up.

Would you believe that I started with yellows and greens? I didn't like how it was coming out, and toned it all down with a layer of white.

Then I decided to draw the stylized circles. I liked how those came out, but didn't like the background.

I started doodling, but I didn't like that.

I added some Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio in Rizzo's Rowdy Red and Tears on My Pillow Tangerine to brighten things up. I didn't like that either.

I tour strips of K & Co. paper to add more red.  It still wasn't quite right.

On and on I wandered directionless.

Finally I grabbed my black acrylic paint and started painting over everything and, finally, it all came together.  I'm calling it Celestial Bodies.




1 comment: