Friday, March 20, 2015

This Friday is Card Day

Spring is coming and that means, at least for me, lots of card giving occasions.


This simple greeting was made using the Crafter's Workshop Swiss Dot stencil and three shades of distress ink, applied in a gradient with a foam applicator.  I applied the same inks to two tags that I made using a Die-namics die set. I stamped the smaller tag with a greeting from Stampin' Up! For the larger tag, I used the same stencil and a wet wipe to remove some of the ink, leaving behind a faint echo of the dot pattern.



The second card I made this week was compiled from bits and pieces I had accumulated in my work area.


The tag (also a Die-namics die cut) was splashed with several shades of india ink.  I then stamped a greeting (unknown) and tied it off with several colors of embroidery floss. I layered the tag over vellum leaves (a Simon Says Stamp die), white paper, and a sheet of pattern paper (from Amy Tan's Plus One collection). To finish it off, I added some Studio Calico sequins.




No comments:

Post a Comment