Monday, March 23, 2015

This is Love

Playing with the March 2015 Hip Kit Club main kit for this layout. My husband and I went out to a play one evening and the only photograph I got was a very dark, grainy selfie. I decided to keep it small, and repeat it across the page in a band.  Then I had fun layering embellishments from the kit and my stash. (I accidentally messed up and crossed my diagonal stripes. Oops).


Supplies: Hip Kit Club March 2015 main kit (Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Love Notes), Crate (Craft Market); Chipboard and Puffy Stickers: Crate (Craft Market); Cork: Lawn Fawn; Fair and Die Cuts: Hip Kit by Evalicious); Other: Crate (Maggie Holmes) chipboard; Simon Says Stamp (hearts), Ellison (square top note), and Spellbinders (rectangle top note) dies; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (black soot, pumice stone); Mister Huey's (pretty pink) spray ink; Dr. PhMartin's India Ink (teal); the Crafter's Workshop (swiss dot) stencil; modeling paste, clear gesso

Process video (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:


Detail shots:





2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I would not have notices the stripes . . . if you had not mentioned them LOL. Love the little extra touches with inks under the paper layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never noticed! It is Love, indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete