Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Spring in Brooklyn

Coming back from vacation, means getting reacquainted with my scrap room. I picked a couple of photos and just sat down to play with my April and May Hip Kit Club kits. The color add ons included Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and Ranger paint daubers in yellow and green.  Once I created a colorful background, I added some texture with an Amy Tangerine flower stencil and then layered papers and a few embellishments.


Supplies: Hip Kit Club May 2015 (Paper: Dear Lizzy (Fine & Dandy), Pink Paislee (Citrus Bliss); Ephemera: Pink Paislee (Citrus Bliss); Puffy Stickers: Evalicious; Stencil: Amy Tangerine; Paint: Ranger (lemon twist, electric lime)); Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (mermaid lagoon, black soot); Phrase Stickers: Amy Tangerine Remarks; Alphas: American Crafts Thickers (Adorn); Heidi Swapp Color Shine (teal); Viva Decor Pearl Pen

Process video (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:
Detail shots:





1 comment:

  1. This is a daring and adventurous color choice. I LOVE IT! :-)

    ReplyDelete