Thursday, July 9, 2015

Taylor Pond

There's lots of inspiration on the Get It Scrapped blog for scrapping summer activities, including this article on camping.

We went camping often when I was a child. While we have many wonderful memories, we have very few photos.  Because of the poor quality of this photo, I kept it small, but drew focus to it by surrounding it with embellishments. I used woodgrain and florals to emphasis the outdoor theme.  And I saved a lot of space on the page for journaling that captures some of my favorite memories from our favorite camp site.



Supplies: Paper and Die Cuts: KaiserCraft (Blue Bay); Flowers: Prima, Petaloo; Burlap: Recollections; Buttons: Papertreyink; Doily: Bo Bunny; Alphas: AC Thickers (Cherish); Stencil: TCW; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (walnut stain, evergreen bough, chipped sapphire, pine needles)

Process video (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:


Detail shots:





4 comments:

  1. :-) I remember this oh so slightly differently! I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Loved the burlap and the use of both of the colors of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Gretchen! Would love to see more "heritage" type layouts from you. THS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the leaves on this page!

    ReplyDelete