Sunday, July 5, 2015

Watkins Glen

Last year, a friend posted pictures of her family's camping trip on line. I thought, that place looks beautiful, I need to find out where it is.  It turned out to be Watkins Glen State Park, in the Finger Lakes region of New York.

We rented a rustic cabin for the July 4th weekend, and spent a few days relaxing by the fire and exploring the area.

Cabin at Watkins Glen State Park.

 Not far from the campsite is a trail that leads to the gorge and a series of beautiful waterfalls.





Renting a cabin turned out to be a good idea, since it rained quite a bit over the weekend. But the rain brought out some fun creatures.




After exploring the waterfalls, we made our way into town for brunch. The town of Watkins Glen is located at the base of Seneca Lake.




Not far from our campsite was a nature trail, which I couldn't resist exploring in the afternoon.  I found reclaimed meadows filled with wildflowers and black raspberries.





For a full slide show, double click below:

2 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful! I've got a bucket list of trips that I want to take and you just gave me a new place to add - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I especially like the photo of the 2 snails!

    ReplyDelete