Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Beep Beep, Vroom!

Hello, everyone!

It's always fun when a new kit comes in the mail. I've been subscribed to the Hip Kit Club for nearly a year and I've been thrilled with each kit.  This was the first layout I made from the September kit. A lot of the papers had blues in them, and I really wanted to pair that with the yellow/green from the Dear Lizzy heart paper. I reinforced the color palette with some green and teal inks behind the pattern paper, and I repeated the hearts from the pattern paper with a Heidi Swapp heart stencil.


Supplies:Paper: Elle's Studo (Thankful), Dear Lizzy (Documentary); Alphas: October Afternoon (Daily Flash); Ephemera: Amy Tangerine (Finders Keepers); Die: Simon Says Stamp (banner); Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (mermaid lagoon); Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (teal, citron); Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye (Marketplace)

Process video (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:


Detail shots:






3 comments:

  1. Does the sketch come from the kit club? Love the colors in your layout - so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete