Thursday, September 17, 2015

Reflect

Hello, everyone.

Today I am scrapping several Instagram-style photos.  The photos are reflections of the city skyline in puddles.  I walk the same route to and from the subway day in and day out, and I'm constantly looking around for something new to see. Most tourists to NYC spend their time looking up. I recommend looking down as well.

I printed these square photos 3x3 and placed two at the top right and one at the bottom left. Layers of papers and ephemera adds interest to each photo cluster.


Supplies: Paper: Teresa Collins (Life Emporium), Tim & Beck for Studio Calico, Studio Tekturek; Alphas: American Craft Thickers (Charm); Ephemera: Teresa Collins (Life Emporium); Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop; Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (blush); Ink: Tim Holtz Distree Ink (walnut stain); Wood Dots: My Mind's Eye (9 & Co.); Punches: EK Success; Twine: Lawn Fawn

Process video (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:


Detail shots:




1 comment: