Sunday, October 25, 2015

This Sunday is Card Day

Really its a card making weekend.  I fallen behind in my usual monthly efforts and, on top of that, the holiday season is approaching.  I spend most of Saturday working on Christmas cards, then another few hours working on feminine birthday cards for a swap.


For the birthday cards, I began by embossing velum with a Sizzix embossing folder for a textured background.  I then cut LOTS of flowers using the Maggie Holmes Confetti flower die and an old Stampin Up! six-by-six pad. For the leaves, I used three different colors or green cardstock.  I played around with layering different papers to create an assortment of flowers.



For the Christmas cards, I used Memory Box stamps and dies.

I made a few cards using the "Merry Christmas" die and American Crafts gold glitter paper, with a red Carta Bella pattern paper for the background.


My favorites, though, were the cards I made with the "Happy Holidays" die with plain white cardstock, using a blue snowflake paper from the new Shimelle collection as the background.


2 comments: