Saturday, December 5, 2015

Hodge Podge

Hello, everyone.  I've been hard at work on my latest knitting project.


I originally planned to knit Abbott by Michele Wang, using Quince & Co. Tern in Stonington.  I was having a very hard time getting a good swatch in the slip stitch she used to create the chevron pattern, so I switched to a garter stitch and liked the result.  Changing the stitch, however, put me too far off gauge to use Michele Wang's pattern. I turned to Amy Herzog's Custom Fit website and designed my own, loose fitting v-neck.


Where Abbott is a boxy sweater with dropped sleeves and reverse stockinet trim, my version is an a-line v-neck with set in sleeves and i-chord trim. The sleeves have a folded hem to give them a bit more structure.  I did, however, keep the beautiful chevron pattern across the body.



1 comment: