Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Falling Leaves

Hello, everyone!

Back with a simple fall layout. I know. I'm a season behind. But I didn't want to save these photos until next year.

I love to explore, and what better time than fall in the northeast.  These photos were taken at the New Jersey Botanical Garden in Ringwood, New Jersey during peak fall color. I stuck with the color scheme from the photos in choosing my papers. The white background makes the colors glow with the same intensity that the scenery did that day. And the Wilna Furstenburg die cuts add a lovely, whimsical feel.



Supplies: Paper: Authentique (Spectrum II), miscellaneous cardstock; Die Cuts: Wilna Furstenburg; Alphas and Wood Veneer: Teresa Collins (9 & Co.); Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (wild honey, ground espresso), Mister Huey's (gold); Paint: Liquitex (gold); Enamel Dots: Doodlebug Sprinkles

Process video (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:


Detail shots:





2 comments:

  1. I love the glimmer of "Falling Leaves."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page :) Those die cuts are gorgeous, and love the bright yellow leaves in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete