Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Giving Thanks

Hello, everyone!

Sometimes its really hard to get started.  The last few weeks I've had lots of things I've wanted to do, but no mojo. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I decided to scrap lift myself.  And I didn't spend a lot of time flipping back through albums from five years ago. I grabbed the last layout I finished and lifted it.  I even grabbed some of the same die cuts.


Supplies: Paper: Crate Paper, Authentique; Die Cuts: Wilna Furstenburg, Ellison; Ink: Tim Hotlz Distress Ink (wild honey, ground espresso); Stamp: Technique Tuesday (journaling lines); Paint: Liquitex (gold); Buttons: JoAnn Craft Essentials; twine; tissue paper

Comparing the two layouts side-by-side, you can see the design similarities, but each layout is still unique.


Process video (direct YouTube link here):

Sketch (in case you missed my last post):



Detail shots:





3 comments:

  1. I love seeing the side-by-side! Great contrasts! Same layout but completely individual pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love seeing the 2 side-by-side as well. Definitely shows how you can easily re-use sketches. Great pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gretchen! I haven't seen you post anything in such a long time, and I've been wondering if you're ok. I'm not trying to pry, just want you to know that I've been thinking about you, and that you've been missed. Take care, Kim (raeraesma) :)

    ReplyDelete