Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Love Today

Hello, everyone!

It's not really me to go all fangirl, but I really couldn't help myself when I met Garrison Keillor.  In order to capture how gaga I felt, I used a heart motif on this page that was created for a Get It Scrapped. For more ideas in using repetition in design, check out this great article here.

I began by stenciling hearts onto the background,  then layered a cut-file, and finished with wood veneer hearts painted in black, which had strong contrast on an otherwise soft page.


Supplies: Paper: My Minds Eye (Necessities, Jubilee); Thickers: Dear Lizzy (Snapshots); Stickers: My Mind's Eye (Market Street); Cut File: BasicGrey;  Stencil and Die: Shimelle; Stamp: Fiskars ("love this"); Paint: Derwent Inktense Blocksl Ink, Liquitex (black acrylic): Tim Holtz Distres Ink (abandoned coral, black soot); Wood Veneer: Studio Calico


ProcessVideo (direct YouTube link here):


Sketch:


Detail shots:







2 comments:

  1. Hi Gretchen,
    I love this layout! I made a12x12 layout and would love to share it with you. Where can I upload a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. I forgot my email: kaytayco@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete