Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Best Friends (25 years and counting)

Hello, everyone!

It's hard to believe my best friend and I have known each other for 25 years ... which means it's been almost 25 years since my senior year of high school started. Ouch!

I used a low-quality Instagram photo for this layout. Since the photo itself was a bit over exposed, I wanted to keep the layout as light as possible. I built up my layers with white modeling paste over white paper, then text on velum before bringing in the light aqua and corals. Strips of these colors at the top and bottom of the page help to frame the layout.


Supplies: Paper: Simple Stories (I Am), American Crafts (DIY Shop); Frames, Stickers and Chipboard: Simple Stories (I Am), Pebbles (Home + Made); Enamel Dots: Simple Stories (Life in Color); Stencil: Tim Holtz; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (pumice stone);  Die: Spellbinders; Other: modeling paste, India ink, miscellaneous label

Detail shots:





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been 25 years! You both look just as beautiful! The photograph says it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete