Sunday, May 29, 2016

Frick Pond Loop

Holiday weekend upstate, with a detour for a short hike in the Willowemoc Wild Forrest in Sullivan County, New York.  I'm glad to have discovered this park, which has more than fifteen miles of hiking trails.  This weekend we only had time for the 2.2 mile Frick Pond Loop, but it was definitely worth the detour.


The trail circled the pond.  A bridge and boardwalk made it easier to traverse the wettest areas, but the trail was definitely muddy and the mosquitos were out in force.





The trail led into the woods, through a small hemlock grove, before heading back to the shore of the pond, and then through the woods back to the starting point.



In addition to the beautiful scenery, there were lots of cute critters along the way.







1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I am so happy that you're a hiker! This is something I wish I did while I was able.

    ReplyDelete