Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Counterfeit Kit Challenge- Challenge No. 1

Hello, Everyone!

I am really excited to be the guest designer for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month.  I posted my full kit last week.  Details can be found here.

This week, I am taking on the first challenge, which was inspired by beach reading.  The challenge was to take a cue from one of these book covers.


I picked Blueprints (top row, second from the right) and used it as the blueprint for my page.  I liked how the book cover was split horizontally (room for title and journaling above and below the horizontal line), with a column along the right hand side (perfect for a photo strip).

This is the layout I created lifting the design from the book cover:


Supplies: Paper: Pebbles (Home + Made), BasicGrey (Hey You), Pink Paislee (Amore); Alphas: American Crafts Thickers (Eclair), BasicGrey; Stickers, Chipboard, Wood Veneer and Enamel  Dots: Simple Stories (Life in Color); Tag: Tim Holtz/Sizzix; Labels: Studio Calico;  India Ink: Dr. Ph Martins; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (black soot); Miscellaneous Washi

Detail shots:




Thanks again to the Counterfeit Kit Club for having me on as a guest designer.

7 comments:

  1. Love the colorway! We had our fave eatery close last year & I had to document it, too. Your page is much more beautiful, tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interpretation of the book cover and I really like the combination of the text paper and the black & white chevron. They perfectly set off the teal and yellow accents. I really like that tag embellishment cluster too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great layout! I have been missing your youtube videos and started looking for you. Great that I found you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you visited the blog. I can be found on Instagram too as StampingRooster. Taking a break from videos while I get caught up on life, but haven't given up on scrapbooking.

      Delete
  4. Very nice! Great color scheme and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have you here Gretchen and thanks for making three such beautiful pages. I very much like this one and the way you took the inspiration onto your page. Really really lovely

    ReplyDelete