Sunday, July 17, 2016

Spring Blooms

Hello, everyone!

We're moving into the dog days of summer here in New York, and I'm remembering the chill, rainy days of spring fondly.  I reached into my photo archive for some pictures from my morning walks taken earlier in the spring.

While most of my recent layouts have been fairly clean and simple, I still have the urge, on occasion, to play with ink, stamps, stencils, and all kinds of other artsy-goodness.  For this layout, I white embossed floral images and then inked with distress ink. I used the same colors with stencils to create a textured background.


Supplies - Paper: Crate Paper (Pier), Scenic Route; Alphas: BasicGrey (Spice Market); Labels: October Afternoon (Postmarked); Die and Stamps: Simon Says Stamps; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (wild honey, shabby shutters), Hero Arts (Unicorn), gelatos; Buttons: Little Yellow Bicycle; Spray Ink: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (gold); Enamel Dots: Doodlebug; miscellaneous white embossing powered, doily,  tag

Detail shots:




No comments:

Post a Comment