Saturday, July 30, 2016

Teatown Lake Reservation

Hello, everyone!

I was super happy to be out hiking again this weekend.  I was too busy earlier in the summer, and the last few weeks have just been way too hot. But this morning it was in the 70s and thunderstorms weren't forecast until the afternoon, so off I went!

Keeping with my recent activity levels, I picked an easier hike closer to the City.  I set out to explore the Teatown Lake Reservation (which I discovered thanks to Hike Hudson Valley).


I arrived at dawn and followed the orange blazed Twin Lakes trail around two small lakes, Vernay Lake and Shadow Lake.  This woods trail was well worn and easy to traverse, with a small amount of elevation gain.







After finishing the Twin Lakes Trail, I headed past the nature center and down to Teatown Lake, following the blue blazed Lakeside Trail.  This is a fairly level, well-worn trail, with a boardwalk over one segment.



I spotted numerous water fowl along this trail.





Full slideshow:

No comments:

Post a Comment