Thursday, July 21, 2016

Turkey Mountain

Hello, everyone!

Another mixed-media type layout this week.  I was inspired by all of the layouts that I have been seeing mixing die cuts with hand stitching.  For this layout, I used Wilna Furstenberg leaf die cuts to form a circle around the page. For the bottom layer, I used the die cuts as a template for my hand stitching.  I then layered the die cuts with a mix of wood grain pattern papers and popped them up on top of the stitched leaves.

This layout is about a hike I took in early spring, when the landscape was still wearing its cloak of winter grays and browns.  I decided to paint my background in colors that reflected changing seasons, from fall oranges and golds, to winter blues, to spring and summer greens.


Supplies - Paper: My Mind's Eye (Necessities); Alphas: October Afternoon (Mini Market); Die Cuts: Wilna Furstenberg (Lots of Leaves); Ink: Tim Hotlz Distress Ink (pumice stone); Paint: Derwent Inktense Blocks; Wood Dots: Recollections; miscellaneous tissue paper, embroidery floss, crochet thread

Detail shots:






2 comments:

  1. This is lovely - so involved yet with a simple circular flow. Love it.

    ReplyDelete