Thursday, August 4, 2016

Good Morning Tumblewood

Hello, everyone!

It's wonderful to be able to escape the City for a weekend upstate. Country living, however, isn't necessarily restful for the locals. My sister and her husband start the day at the break of dawn, making sure all of their critters are taken care of.

I used Kiwi Lane stencils on this page to add some interest and movement to the background. The yellows, blues, and greens reflect a golden summer day.


Supplies - Paper: Simple Stories (I Am, Homespun, December Documented), Webester's Pages (Nest); Alphas: Freckled Fawn (Oh My Deer), Simple Stories (I Am); Stickers, Die Cuts: Simple Stories (I Am, Life in Color); Washi: Recollections; Stencils: Kiwi Lane (Cascade Trails, Bracket); Ink: Time Holtz Distress Ink (wild honey, chipped sapphire); Enamel Dots: Simple Stories (Life in Color)

Sketch:


Detail shots:





2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Gretchen! Love the colours and the wavy lines definitely add interest to the page!

    ReplyDelete