Monday, August 15, 2016

"Just Like Heaven"

Hello, everyone!

Today I'm working with cell phone photos that I took at a concert at Madison Square Garden. They're not great quality, but they do capture the feel of the evening, which was a great deal of fun.  Dark photos lend themselves to dark papers, but I did not want to weight the page down.  I decided to place the photos along a dark band of black and gold, but kept the rest of the page light and bright with white cardstock, given a bit of interest with some modeling paste.


Supplies - Paper: My Mind's Eye (DIY Shop), Fancy Pants, American Crafts; Alphas: Cosmo Cricket (Tiny Type); Chipboard: Crate Papers (Maggie Holmes); Die Cuts and Wood Veneer: Simple Stories (Life in Color); Die: Spellbinders (rectangle label); Punch: EK Success; Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (black soot); Miscellaneous: modeling paste

Sketch:



Detail shots:




1 comment: