Friday, October 21, 2016

Rhinebeck 2016

Hello, everyone.

Last weekend was the annual jaunt up to Rhinebeck,  for the New York for the New York Sheep and Wool Festival, coupled with hikes in Mills Norrie State Park and Ferncliff Forest.


The New York Sheep and Wool Festival is always a good time, particularly since I can spend a whole weekend in the company of my best friend, catching up, knitting, eating all sorts of crazy fair food, seeing fabulous fiber, visiting with the beasties the fiber comes from . . . you get the idea. Fun stuff all weekend.





This year I stayed by myself in a cabin at the Mills Norrie State Park.  It gave me the opportunity do some hiking along the Hudson River. The cabins were very nice. While not heated (brrrr...), they did have electricity, stove and fridge, and a sink with hot water.  I could walk right out of my cabin onto the river trail and enjoy beautiful views of the river and the fall foliage.








Sunday morning I explored the Ferncliff Forest.  I followed the yellow trail through the woods, past a pond and up to the fire tower, where I watched the sun rise over the Hudson Valley.  The trail continued on, past a swamp before heading back to the car and more fun at the fiber festival.












2 comments:

  1. what fun! The photos with the rocky beach are especially beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab snaps, really love the sailboat one.

    ReplyDelete