Sunday, July 18, 2010

Depth and Texture

Medicine Makers LIVE

I had such a good evening, catching my friend Sharon's husband play in his band.

When making this layout, I really stived to add visual interest by adding depth (laying papers) and texture (wrinkling and inking). I also practiced with my alcohol inks some more, using the celery on top of a piece of gold paper I've had in my stash for years.





Depth and texture are my goals on each page. My signature technique for adding texture is to stitch on a page. While there are lots of tricks for creating designs, I prefer to simply sketch out what I want in pencil, pierce the paper, then erase the pencil lines. The buttons and pearl accents also help add texture and somewhat mimic the explosion of fireworks.



No comments:

Post a Comment