Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gathering Dust

A couple of years ago, I took a wonderful class called Captured Through the Lens at Get It Scrapped taught by Katrina Kennedy. It was a great introduction to my new digital slr camera. I have been wanting to go back through the class handouts and review some ofthe lessons, but get discouraged whenever I look at the stack of papers I thrust into a file folder.

(Clearly, this picture wasn't taken using my dslr or any of the pointers I learned).

Then it occurred to me -- I have a Bind It All gathering dust behind the couch. It wouldn't take much for me to cut some cardstock and bind the class lessons into a notebook. Actually, it has been awhile since I have altered anything, and there are other supplies gathering dust, so why not break them out and use them too?



First, though, I need to remember how to use my Bind It All. I have discovered that YouTube is an invaluable resource for "how to" videos, like this one.

So, I went to work. Creating a mask from an underutilized Quickutz die and using FolkArt acrylic paint, Pink Paisely pattern paper, and gel medium, it did not take long to alter a piece of chipboard to make the face of my notebook. A few minutes later it was bound and . . . Wallah!





2 comments:

  1. This is stunning!! I love my BIA and don't use it nearly enough... thanks for the inspiration. (Glad to see you blogging, too--your layouts lately have been awesome and very worth blogging about! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cover Gretchen! Almost makes me want to get a BIA to try it out. Ditto on Nikki's comment about your layouts, they are very inspiring. Love seeing new techniques.

    ReplyDelete