Tuesday, July 27, 2010

P15, K82

And around and around we go!

The drawback to knitting a simple pattern like Cobblestone in the round is that it is, well, tedious. Repeating the same stitch over and over again can be hypnotizZZZZzz . . . Huh. Give me a moment while I wipe the drool from my keyboard. As I was saying, it can put you to sleep. On the other hand, it knits up very quickly. Plus, it's easy to keep track of where you're at, so it's perfect for subway knitting. Or, in this case, knitting on the four hour train ride up to visit mom. I got pretty far on the body of the sweater last weekend.

The yarn I am using is Lorna's Laces Sheperd Worsted in denim, which I purchased at Purl Soho when my friend and knitting mentor, Heather, was visiting from Cleveland.

I also frequent the Lion Brand Yarn Studio. Last Thursday I took another class there with Will. It ws definitely worth the investment. Not only did I learn the technique of double knitting, but I finally left my comfort zone and gave holding the yarn with both hands (Continental & English) simultaneously a shot. I am an extraordinarily clumsy Continental knitter and my gauge is an absolute mess, but with each row it gets better.
I clearly need more practice. Perhaps a scarf when I finish the sweater.




1 comment:

  1. i understand the tediousness....i'm knitting a camisole in the round...yo, k2tog - over and over....it will probably be done so i can wear it next summer!! LOL.
    you are lucky to be close to the lion brand studio! i haven't tried colorwork knitting - i need someone to show me - i can't figure it out from a book.

    ReplyDelete