Friday, July 16, 2010

Why?

A question I have no doubt I will be asked: Why blog?

In answering it in this post, I hope that I can give some direction to this endeavor. I won't deny it, part of the reason is simple procrastination. But my main goal is to use this blog to improve upon my crafts' content and quality.

I lead an ecclectic life, which I love, but in order to truly capture it (the point of scrapbooking, which has been called Life Art by designer Ali Edwards), I need to take a few minutes to think about the activites I engage in and the people with whom I gratefully share my time. A blog can be a useful tool for developing journaling and chosing photos, which in turn will help layout design. It's also a useful tool for keeping track of techniques or sketches that interest me and how I incorporate them into my own projects and develop as a both a paper crafter and a knitter.

So it begins . . .


2 comments:

  1. Love the picture and soo glad to see you blogging again my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Gretchen has a blog!

    ReplyDelete