Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 - Six Sweater Year

New Year's Day, 2010, I flew to Cleveland to visit my very dear friend, and knitting mentor, Heather, and asked her to teach me to knit a sweater. We cast on Scoop Pullover, a pattern from Interweave knits and, by the end of the long weekend, I was a third of the way done. As we drove through the snow back to the airport, Heather mentioned that there were many Ravelry groups dedicated to sweater challenges. I did not think a sweater a month was possible, but she found one group whose goal was six sweaters during the year. The gauntlet was thrown. With all the last minute Christmas knitting, I didn't think I'd finish, but here it is, Sweater No. 6:

It was supposed to be for my brother in law, but since it fits me, I doubt it will fit his long frame. The rest, in reverse order, are Glenn's Cobblestone, Jill's Twisted V (another Interweave pattern), Ingenue, Simplest Sweater, and the original Scoop Pullover. Unfortunately, the quality of my knitting hasn't improved as I've gone along, but at least I have an understanding of how to read patterns.





2 comments:

  1. Impressive! They are all so unique. You really took on this challenge and succeeded. Way to go, Gretchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats! They look great!

    ReplyDelete