Thursday, January 13, 2011

PageMaps ScrapDango Sketch Contest

Love, love, love the latest sketch challenge at PageMaps Blog. Great way to use a variety of papers and trim, and great space for journaling.



It's a good idea to revisit your stash every now and then and see what goodies are being overlooked. As I was mulling this sketch over, I starting thinking about all the journaling stamps I've collected over the years, but haven't used much. I pulled them out and stamped one of each in black ink, cut them out and set them to the side to use on upcoming layouts.


Once I finished getting my journaling cards together, I sorted through my papers and found some more oldies, but goodies. In this case, some Bo Bunny papers I've had stashed away for a few years. They were great, because I wanted to pick up the orange in our calico kitty. Of course, you can't really see her orange spots in these small photos, but they're there.

This is the first layout I've done of our baby. It's commemorating her curiosity, especially for things up high. She loves to climb and has gotten on top of the fridge, bookcases, and even the top shelves of the closets.


4 comments:

  1. I love your journaling stamps! You must have quite the collection, great layout Gretchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you used the journaling spots, works perfectly..gorgeous layout for the Pagemaps sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Gretchen...saw your link at pagemaps. Love your lo!! The colors, big fun title, ric rak, sweet pics and stitched buttons - all stuff to love. :) (I used ric rak & buttons on my pagemaps lo too.)

    http://pattiwest.blogspot.com/2011/01/scrapdango-sketch-contest-rak.html

    ReplyDelete