Sunday, May 8, 2011

Maryland Sheep and Wool

While completely excited about the move last fall, I was a bit disappointed that it was the same weekend as the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. That faux pas has been corrected. This weekend, mom and I carpooled down to Maryland with seven other women from my knitting group for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. My best friend from college and knitting mentor joined us there (with cupcakes). It was an amazing spring day, in the seventies with a few high white clouds floating by.

We had no trouble getting south, and spent a glorious afternoon in the barns looking over the wares. I took few photos in my shopping frenzy, but overall I'm pretty happy with the daytime photos my new Olympus Tough point-and-shoot took. The photos from dinner didn't come out as well -- which is a shame, because with twenty knitters at Timbuktu, it was quite a party. The restaurant must have thought we were in the mood to party too, because (after an hour wait - "you have to be crabby to eat crab cakes"), we were sat in the lounge. About an hour into our meal, the evening's entertainment began. Nothing like bad kareoke to help the digestion!





No comments:

Post a Comment