Saturday, September 17, 2011

Faded Brilliance

Yep, another sweater. While at Maryland Sheep and Wool, I had a telehone conversation with my sister. "I like red," she informed me. Just the excuse I needed to head back to the Brooks Farm booth. Not a lot of reds, but a beautiful coral/brown varigated yarn that came off as faded red. I was a bit worried about how stipey it would knit up, but it works well in a finished sweater. The Trio is somewhat thinner than worsted weight, as it was labeled, so I struggled to get gauge. The pattern I chosed, Brilliance Pullover by Katie Franceschi, had an unusual construction that also made it hard to determine size as I was working. The result, it's bit. Jill is taller, so it should fit her a bit better, but it will still be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment