Sunday, June 3, 2012

Trodding Through The Briars Looking For Figs

I joined the masses and knit the tres popular Color Affection by Veera Valimaki.  I used Madelinetosh 80/10/10 Fingering in briar, trodden, and fig.


This is one pattern where it would have been beneficial to read other knitter's comments before beginning. The increases called for can create a very tight edge.  Many knitters recommended starting each row with a K, YO, K, then dropping the yarn over when you come to it on the way back.  I started to do this more than half way through and there is a noticable difference.  Ideally, I would have frogged my shawl and used this technique from the beginning. Unfortunately, I'm more than a bit obsessed with having finished objects. It didn't help that I was running up against the MadMay deadline.

In other news, we had a family adventure to Ottawa, Ontario to visit my grandfather for his 82nd birthday.

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!


While we were in Ottawa, I took Glenn by to see the Canadian Parliament.  The Canadians definitely one uped the Americans on the construction of their government buildings.

While downtown, we detoured over to the Byward Market and explored a bit before it started raining. We headed back to my aunt's for a lovely, relaxing evening. 

Thanks so much to Ellen for hosting us for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment